At Beautyprclub.com and any of our affiliated PR Club websites, the privacy of our visitors, Members and Leaders is extremely important to us. Beauty PR Club is committed to protecting your privacy.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
What personal data we collect about you:
When you subscribe or update your registration details or otherwise use or register to use Our website, Our community or Our services, We may collect, store and use the following types of personal information:
- your full name, email address, username and password;
- your phone number, date of birth (where relevant), your business name;
- material submitted by you to Us, including without limitation answers to questions on surveys, CV and application forms, or registration forms;
- transactional information based on your activities on beautyprclub.com;
- payment information collected from you including without limitation credit and debit card numbers, financial institutions, third-party payment entities, such as Paypal and credit card expiry dates;
- information from your interaction with beautyprclub.com, purchase of products or services, content and advertising, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, location, geo-location information, demographic information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log-in information;
- any personal data you post on Our website;
- date about how you use Our website;
- technical data such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on
Our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use Our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access Our website;
- your marketing preferences;
- any other information from which you can be identified and which you may disclose to Us at any time, through our contact form, over the phone, by email or otherwise, such as entering a competition or completing a survey, or applying online;
- photographs of you at Our events: and
- credit card information from third parties.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
How your personal data is used: We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to process financial transactions to enable you to purchase Our goods, Our products or Our services;
- to send you customer communications about enhancements to Our products or services you have bought;
- to enable Us to perform a contract with you and process orders, respond to queries related to the order and with legal complaints;
- to reply to enquiries you make about Our products or services;
- to send you marketing communications where We are allowed to do so;
- to personalise your experience on Our website;
- to assist in and administer the use of Our products and/or Our services;
- to manage and administer beautyprclub.com, including but not limited to the online membership, workshops, products and services management and user experience;
- to monitor the use of Our website and online services;
- to where We have your consent, to send you our Beauty PR Club newsletters and other relevant and targeted communications;
- to ask you to complete surveys or invite you to enter competitions or prize draws;
- to keep records of orders placed and communications in relation to such orders;
- to keep records of communications;
- to analyse your use of Our website content and advertisements to you;
- to understand the effectiveness of Our advertising;
- to communicate anything related to your Beauty PR Club membership;
- to communicate anything related to your payment of Our products and/or Our services;
- to deal with enquiries, complaints and feedback from you;
- to provide third parties with anonymous statistical information about Our users;
- to obtain or maintain our insurance policies;
- to manager Our business;
- to obtain professional advice;
- to carry out credit checks;
- to bring legal claims against you if you breach a contract or fail to make payment;
- to comply with any legal obligations, We are subject to or as required by government authority; and
- to investigate any suspected breaches of Our Terms and Conditions or the breach of any other policies and rules applicable to you.
OUR LAWFUL GROUND FOR PROCESSING
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, we are only legally able to process your data if we have lawful ground in doing so. Our lawful grounds are:
- In relation to customer data that we have obtained in relation to you to you placing an order with Us, that We hold for the purposes of fulfilling that contract, informing you about updates about Our products and services and keeping records of that contract, the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are subject and for Our legitimate interests in informing you about updates about Our products and services, record keeping to establish, pursue or defend legal claims as a responsible business operation;
- In relation to prospect data that We have obtained when you enquired about Our products or services (whether this be through Our website or otherwise) and that We process in order to reply to your enquiry and keep records of this, the processing is necessary in order to steps that you request prior to entering into a contract and for Our legitimate interests in record keeping and to establish, pursue or defend a legal claim.
- In relation to prospect data that We have obtained when you sign up for any of Our free resources and that We process in order to send you those free resources, reply to your communications about the resources and to keep relevant records, you have given consent to the processing for the purposes of Us sending you the free resource and it is Our legitimate interest to reply to your communications and keep records for Our business.
- In relation to marketing data that We have obtained when you told us your marketing preferences, when you consented to sending us you details of Our products or services, for the purposes of sending you marketing communications, enabling you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisement to you and measure or understand effectiveness of this advertising, the processing is necessary for Our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers and/or users use Our products/services, to develop them, to grow Our business and to decide Our marketing strategy.
- In relation to user data that we have obtained through cookies on Our website or other online services for the purpose of operating Our website, ensuring relevant content is provided to you, ensuring the security or Our website, maintaining back-ups of Our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of Our website, other online services and business, the processing is necessary for the purposes of Our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable Us to administer and maintain Our website and Our business.
- In relation to technical data (this includes data about your use of Our website and services, such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to our pages on Our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use Our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access Our website), We process this data to analyse your use of Our website content and advertisements to you, to understand the effectiveness of Our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is Our legitimate interests, which in this case are to enable Us to properly administer Our website and Our business and to grow Our business and decide on Our marketing strategy.
- In relation to your data that We process in order to comply with legal requirements or as required by government authority, the processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations to which We are subject.
- In relation to keeping records, this processing is either necessary for compliance with legal obligations that We are subject to or for Our interest in responsible business operations or defending, pursuing or establishing legal claim.
- In relation to obtaining professional advice and insurance, this processing is necessary for Our legitimate interests in order to protect and grow Our business. We do not collect sensitive data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, genetic or biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions or offences. We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect data about you, by you providing the data directly to Us (for example by filing in forms on Our website or by sending Us emails). We may automatically collect certain data from you, as you use Our website or services, by using cookies and similar technologies. Please see more information below on cookies. We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside of the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside of the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside of the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, fraud detection agencies and data brokers or aggregators. We may also receive data from publicly available sources, which may be based outside of the EU.
Our lawful ground for processing your data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or Our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business). We may only send you emails or text marketing communications if:
- you made a purchase or enquired about information from Us about Our products and services;
- you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. You can opt out of receiving communications from US at any time. Before We share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes. We will get your express consent. You can ask Us or third parties at any time to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
PERSONAL INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
We do not pass personal information to others for promotional activity. Except as set out below and to the extent required by any applicable law or governmental or judicial body, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party. Beautyprclub.com uses the personal information collected from you to provide services and products to you.
We will not rent, sell or share your personal information with any third party for its own marketing purposes without your consent. We take all reasonable measures to ensure your private data is kept secure. The payment information you provide will either be used directly by Our payment system or be passed on to and processed by Our third-party payment partners. We store and collect your payment information if you make use of Our payment system.
We may disclose your personal information to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of our Terms and Conditions and/or the breach of other terms and conditions otherwise relating to you or otherwise required by law. We will cooperate with law enforcement agencies and will comply with any court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of (or personal information relating to) any user breaching our Terms and Conditions and/or the breach of other terms and conditions otherwise relating to such user or otherwise for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
We share your personal data with our group of companies and leaders, which may involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We are subject to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations that protect your personal data. Where we transfer your data to third parties outside the EEA, we will ensure that certain safeguards are in place to ensure a similar degree of security for your personal data, such as:
- We may transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as we have equivalent safeguards in place; or
- Where we use certain service providers who are established outside the EEA, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
USE OF LOG FILES, COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
What are cookies and web beacons and how we use them: The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyse trends, administer the site, track user movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies are text files stored, either on a temporary or persistent basis on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are used for authenticating, session tracking and maintaining specific information about the use and users of beautyprclub.com. The data collected by cookies is anonymous. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer’s hard drive by searching for files with “cookie” in it and deleting them. In addition, if you want to stop cookies from being stored on your computer, you can edit your browser settings so that cookies are blocked. Unfortunately, if you block cookies you may not be able to use the full functionality of beautyprclub.com.
Web beacons consist of a small string of software code that represents a graphic image request on a page or email. There may or may not be a visible graphic image associated with the web beacon and often the image is designed to blend into the background of a page or email. Web beacons can be used for many purposes – including site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising auditing and reporting, and personalization. Web beacons used by beautyprclub.com collect only anonymous data.
In order to improve the services We offer you, We may use (temporary and persistent) cookies, authorised third parties’ cookies, log files, web beacons and/or other technologies to collect non-personally identifiable data. This non-personally identifiable data helps Us to track browsing behaviour, to create specific or tailor-made offers or advertisements, and to monitor and record the visits and use of beautyprclub.com.
In order to understand how users use beautyprclub.com and for marketing analysis and quality improvement purposes, We (and/or third-party service providers) may collect, record, process and use on an anonymous basis certain information (including the total number of transactions, viewed pages, referring/exit pages, beautyprclub.com or Beauty PR Club .co.uk user type, date/time stamp information and details like the number and location of mouse clicks on a given page, mouse movements, scrolling activity and the search activity.
PERSONAL INFORMATION STORAGE
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SOCIAL PLUGINS
- Session cookies – these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These usually store an anonymous ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log-in to each page, and they do not collect data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies – these are stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your browser. The cookie can be read by Our website that created it when and when you visit Our website again. We use persistent cookies for Google analytics. Cookies can also be categorised as follows.
- Strictly necessary cookies - these cookies are essential to enable you to use Our website effectively, such as when buying Our product or services, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, Our services cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been in Our website.
- Performance cookies – these cookies enable Us to monitor and improve the performance or Our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see what parts of Our website are most popular.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies allow Our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, We may be able to provide you with news and updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be use to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on Our blogs. The information these cookies use is usually anonymised.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose We collect it for, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for, We look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purpose, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements. For tax purposes the law requires Us to keep basic information about Our customers (including contact, identity, financial and transaction data) for six years after they stop being a customer. In some cases We may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
RIGHT TO REVIEW AND UPDATE INFORMATION
For users residing in the EU and Japan: If you reside in the EU or Japan, you may request in writing copies of your personal information that we collect. We will provide you with a copy of the personal information held by us as soon as practicable after receiving a valid request in writing from you. There may be a charge related to this request for work undertaken. You might request corrections of any inaccurate, incomplete or outdated information as well as deletion of the personal information.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees, leaders and partners who need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on Our instructions and they must keep it confidential. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a break We are legally required to.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws, you have the rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to probability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent. You can read more about these rights on
If you wish to exercise any of these rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge you a reasonable fee if you request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or your refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your rights to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you for further information relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take Us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case we will notify you. If you hare not happy with any aspect of how we collect your and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for the data protection issue (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact Us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try and resolve it for you.
For the purposes of the United Kingdom Data Protection Act of 1998, the controller of the data file (not related to third-party sites), is Beauty PR Club Ltd. with registered office at 1 Kings Avenue, N21 3NA, London, United Kingdom, company registration no: 70 8639 9.
Thank you for your interest in PR Clubs® and Beauty PR Club™!